HOW DO I RESERVE A PUPPY?
BEFORE Placing a Deposit
Before placeing a deposit or pre-deposit, you must be approved by us either by facebook or email. The criteria for that are explained below -
Email is preferred - copy and paste the list in an email to me with your responses:
To QUALIFY for a PUPPY:
1. Your: FirstName/Last Name/Address/City/State/Zip/Email/Telephone/Occupation
1a. Your Spouse/Significant Other's First/Last Name/Telephone and Occupation
1b. Kid's Ages &/or Pets/Ages
1c. Certify that you are 18 years old or older.
2. You agree not to crate or kennel the puppy for extended periods of time. You also agree not to leave the puppy alone for more than a couple of hours each day. ie - If you work outside the home - you either take the puppy with you, have puppy daycare, or you have another pet or person companion for your puppy. (Please provide details.)
3. Mastadors are very social dogs, and puppies are babies that need companionship. I highly recommend that you have another dog or have access to other dogs on a regular basis for "puppy play dates". (I also recommend you consider two puppies - I've personally found that raising 2 puppies at the same time is much easier than just one.)
4. Your puppy will live in your home, as well as have access to regular outdoor exercise.
5. You will provide a good quality home, food, water, love, training, and care for the puppy. If a behavior issue should arise that you are not able to resolve easily on your own, you will seek the assistance of a professional trainer &/or behaviorist.
6. You agree that the puppy will not be bred and you agree to a NON‐BREEDING
CONTRACT. You agree to ensure your Mastador is not bred or allowed to produce a litter before he/she is altered. If these circumstances were to happen, you agree to return the Mastador and puppies to my facility at your expense. You would have the right to pickup your Mastador at your expense once the puppies are weaned. You agree that any profit from the puppies soley belongs to me. (If you are interested in a breeding contract - contact me for discussion and a seperate application and contract.)
7. You have a plan for the puppy if something should ever happen where you would no longer be able to care for the puppy. If you rehome the puppy, you agree to screen the home for good quality and you will notify us of the new home with contact info.
8. You agree to contact us if you are no longer able to care for the puppy/dog and have not been able to find a good home. You will return the puppy/dog to us OR if the timing that you need to rehome the puppy allows, we will help you find a good home.
9. You agree to make final payment before the puppy turns 6 weeks old, (I will invoice you by email) or (if pre-approved - by cash when picking up the puppy), that all shipping and shipping related costs are in addition to the cost of the puppy and will be paid prior to shipping.
10. You agree if for any reason you can not take possession of the puppy when it turns 8 weeks old that you will pay $20 per day as boarding costs. (if puppy is older than 8 weeks when you make your deposit, then starting 5 days after your deposit is made).
11. We post photos and/or video at least every 14 days to individual puppy albums and/or our MastadorPuppies Facebook Page. Photos and videos taken by us can be used by you for your personal use only. All requests for additional photos and/or video, of reserved puppies, must be accompanied with payment. If you are on facebook - I would love for you to tag me (Melissa Bieber) or MastadorPuppies in photos and updates on your Mastador.
12. You have read and agree to the Reservation page of this website and have read or or will read the Health and Care page of this website before taking possession of the puppy.
13. Are you planning on picking your puppy up or do you want the puppy delivered?
We have an awesome driver that will deliver right to your door or If you are in Canada will meet you at the border.
(You can change this answer later if needed - However once delivery is paid - there are no refunds. Delivery quote is based on the address you provide at payment. If you want delivery to a different location an additional fee may apply. Please tip our driver.)
14. This agreement is created in the State of Minnesota.
15. a. How did you find out about Mastadors?
b. How did you hear about or find us?
16. Date: Your Electronic Signature:
WAITING LIST - DEPOSITS - Puppies Not Yet Born
If you would like to Reserve a Puppy to a future litter that is not yet born, we take a limited number of Deposits for upcoming litters:
1. $550 to be on the list for 2017 of which $525 will go towards the purchase price of the puppy.
2. If you are purchasing the optional Pick of the Litter Choice - amoiunt is due at the time your Deposit. Pick of the Litter Choices do not go towards the cost of the puppy and are in addition to the cost of the puppy.
3. Deposits are non-refundable unless we do not have a litter or available puppy for you within 12 months of your deposit.
4. Once the puppies are born, an additional $550 (of which $525 will go towards the purchase price of the puppy) is due within 48 hours of notice is required to hold a puppy. (or you can pay the remaining balance)
5. After we post photos and you are contacted that it is your turn to choose your puppy - you have 48 hours before we move on to the next person on the list.
6. Final payment is due when puppies reach 6 weeks of age (I will email you an Invoice). $25 or 4.5% (whichever is greater) will be added for processing fees on all payments.
(optional) PICK OF THE LITTER CHOICES
1. Purchased Choices have priority. After purchased Choices - Choice on each litter will be in the Order that the Deposits are received.
2. Purchased Choices (aka go to the head of the line purchases) are in addition to the cost of the puppy, and do not go towards the purchase of the puppy. (See Puppy Page for specific choices available on each litter.
$375 First Choice Male $325 First Choice Female $350 Second Choice Male $300 Second Choice Female $325 Third Choice Male $275 Third Choice Female $300 Fourth Choice Male $250 Fourth Choice Female $275 Fifth Choice Male$225 Fifth Choice Female
Choice is non-refundable. If the gender of puppy you want is not available for the ranking that you purchased, Choice and Deposit can be moved to the next available litter.
Once we have photos up and you are contacted that it is your turn, You will have 48 hours to make your choice before we move on to the next person on the list
If you are making a Deposit AND purchasing a Choice: You need to add Both to the shopping basket one at a time and then proceed to checkout from there.
1. Puppies are priced on an individual basis with prices typically between $1,500 and $2,500.
2. Once the puppies are born, if there are any spots available, I will be acepting nonrefundable deposits to hold a puppy. Per Puppy deposits are typically between $550 and $1000.
3. The deposit would only be refunded in the case that something would happen to the puppy and areplacement puppy was not available in the near future, but not if you would change your mind. If you make a deposit on more than one puppy and later decide you only want one puppy, the deposit for the other puppy will Not be refunded or credited. So, please think through your decision to add a new puppy or puppies to your family!
3a. If you want to move your deposit to a different available puppy (deposit is transferable only if puppies are 4 weeks or younger unless I have another person waiting for the puppy that you initially chose), and we approve that change there is a $150 charge per puppy.
3b. After we post photos and you are contacted that it is your turn to choose your puppy - you have 48 hours before we move on to the next person on the list.
4. Deposits can be made by cash, check (if pre-approved and sent 4 weeks in advance), paypal or credit card.
5. $25 (or 4.5%, whichever is greater) of each payment will go towards the processing fee.
6. Final payment of the puppy is due on or before the puppy turns 6 weeks old (I will Invoice you by email) or by cash only if pre-approved and you are picking your puppy up in person. $25 or 4.5% (whichever is greater) will be added for processing fees on all payments made by methods other than cash.
7. If you need us to keep the puppy beyond the puppy turning 8 weeks old, boarding costs are $20 per day (if the puppy is over 8 weeks old when you make your deposit, board starts after your deposit is made.)
8. All costs, including shipping and shipping related costs, are due at the time the puppy is picked up, or before shipping or delivery. Shipping is additional and if you are having me arrange shipping there will be an additional service fee.
9. If you are making your final payment by check, you must get your check to us at least 5 weeks prior to shipping or pickup.
10. Any fees or costs incurred by us, including but not limited to: delivery, shipping and related fees, boarding, credit card and returned check fees are in addition to the cost of the puppy.
If you do not wish to put down a pre-deposit, you can join our email list. By joining the email list, you will be notified of any upcoming litter. If any deposit slots are still availble, you will have 2 days to place a deposit before the general public does.
We do have many people on our list so if you know that you want a puppy, please apply to put down a pre-deposit. I also encourage you to purchase what choice you want to ensure that you will get a puppy from our next litter.
1. Contact me in writing with your full name, address, email, phone number, and request to join our payment plan, along with the amounts and proposed schedule of payments. We prefer that you set up your plan on a monthly payment schedule, but will consider other options, such as 4 or 6 payments per year with higher payment amounts. Each monthly payment must be a minumum of $350 each. You can pay additional amounts to your payment.
2. A $50 processing fee plus 5% cost fee will be deducted from each payment.
3. Once you have paid $1,000 after fees and costs, you can request to be placed on our Pre-Deposit List. However to be approved, your payment plan must be complete by the time the litter is born.
4. If you miss more than 1 payment, or are over 30 days late, you will have 30 days to get caught up on your past due and additional due payements. If you fail to make your account current within 30 days, we will cancel your contract and you will forfeit all payment made.
5. All payments are non-refundable. The only case payments would be refunded is if we would not have a mastador puppy available for you within 2 years of you completing your payment plan.
6. Make sure that you and your home qualifies by the time you have your payment plan complete and are requesting a puppy from a current or upcoming litter.
7. Payment plans will be planned with the assumption that the puppy you have choosen is $. If a higher priced puppy is choosen, additional payments will be due. This price is not guaranteed until you have made full payment on the puppy.
8. The puppy stays with us until all costs are paid. Once the puppy reches 8 weeks of age an additional boarding fee of $15 per day applies. You can pick up your puppy or have your puppy shipped. If you are having your puppy delivered, you should include those costs in your proposed payment plan. See below for transport options:
GETTING YOUR PUPPY, DELIVERY &/or SHIPPING
1. There are several options to getting your puppy including arranging a time with me to pick your puppy up, flying in (Minneapolis/St. Paul Airport), renting a car to pick your puppy up from Hinckely, MN, and taking the puppy back as carry-on (most airlines charge around $150 one way), individual or group trip by ground (car/van trip for one or all the puppies going in the same direction), or shipping the puppy by air. Ground transport is typically $550 - $675 per puppy including booking and insurance (less if you live within a few hundred miles from us.) We reserve the right to ship the puppy by the method we feel is the safest and most economical. Booking Service fee applies. I am not able to meet you at the airport, but if needed we can hire a courier. Cost is typically in the $275-$350 range.
2. If you want your puppy shipped by air it will cost approximately $1,000- $1,250 total.
2a. Tickets are typically $375-$450, plus fees and expenses subject to change with airline rates. (To save on shipping you may want to coordinate with another person in your area getting a puppy as 2 puppies can be shipped together in the same crate.) Airlines require that temperatures must be between 10 degrees and 85 degrees Farenheit in all departure and arrival cities (including any layover or transfer cities). When flying a puppy, planning, patience and flexability are very important due to weather and flight conditions. The health and safety of the puppy is of primary importance. We will not ship to a country that requires a quaranteen period.
2b. Courier fees to the airport, cost of health papers, travel kennel, travel supplies, and processing fees are in addition to the airline ticket and at your expense. Current average has been $500. Prices are subject to change.
2c. Puppies can also be taken on board as carryon luggage with an approved soft-sided kennel (for most airlines total weight of puppy and kennel cannot exceed 20 pounds depending on the airline.) Puppies typically weigh 13-22 pounds at 8 weeks old. Contact your airline for details on traveling with a pet. Some airlines request that any dog traveling as carry on be 10 weeks or older but do not require a health certificate documenting age. Due to some airline restrictions, we also recommend you list the puppy as a lab-mix. Courier fee applies to each trip as we are 1.5 hours from the Minneapolis/St.Paul Airport.
4. We can also deliver your puppy by ground transport directly from our location to yours. Cost for travel will be dependent on service, time, route and miles (rates vary typically between $350-$675 per puppy. We work with wonderful drivers who take excellent care of the puppies and delivers right to your door.) Health certificate if wanted; plus cost of crate if wanted are additional
4b. Once the puppies are 8 weeks old (or older if you reserve your puppy after they turn 8 weeks old) (or at a later date if you have arranged to board your puppy with us), You Agree to be AVAILABLE and VERY flexible for Delivery or Shipping. We do our best to be accomodating, but in order to get discounted delivery rates, flexibility and availabity on your part are key. The safety of the puppies and our driver are our top priority. (A dedicated trip for just your puppy on your schedule would typically cost $2,500 or more.)
4c. Scheduling dates are approximate and vary, often due to factors beyond our control such as traffic, road construction, weather, breakdowns, rest and sleep breaks, and extra stops needed when traveling with puppies. We prefer to avoid late night and very early morning deliveries, however due to travel schedule, there are times that may have to happen.
4d. If you do not let us know of any specific dates that you are not available at the time you request or pay for delivery, you will need to be available or make arrangements to have someone available to receive the puppy on any day. If the puppy arrives for delivery and no one is available to take delivery boarding rates of $100 per day apply. If the driver needs to leave the area for other deliveries and has to come back, an additional delivery fee will apply. If you do not contact us within 3 days of our first attempted delivery, you will forfeit the puppy, and all moneys paid.
4e, Delivery quotes are based on the address in your application and payment. We notify our driver of your address as soon as possible so that they can plan a delivery route, which may include other puppies. If you change your delivery location, extra delivery fees will apply, and are due before you will be given possession of the puppy.
1. If for any reason you need us to keep the puppy beyond 8 weeks of age, cost of board is $20 per day. The puppies are dewormed on a regular basis. The puppies do not have their first shots unless required for travel as puppies are at greater risk of having adverse reactions to vaccines at younger ages. (Please read the info and articles linked on our Health and Care page for more info)
CHOOSING AND WAITING FOR YOUR PUPPY
1. We will post pictures and info on each puppy. To Reserve your Puppy, Submit an Application, once accepted Click on the Reserve Button for that Puppy and follow the prompts for payment from there. If you would rather make payment through paypal use the Paypal Button below. In the event that 2 deposits are received for the same puppy. The Person whose deposit I receive first will have first pick.
2. Each puppy will have a color collar ribbon & temporay name. You are welcome to either keep the name or change it. Regular Photos (approximately every 2 weeks until pups are 6 weeks old) and/or occassional group video will be posted on the facebook puppy photo album or the MastadorPuppies facebook page. If you would like to request an additional photo or video shoot, you can do so from the link on the Available Puppy page. All requests for additional photos or video must be accompanied by payment. Photos and video may be used by you and your immediate family for your personal use only.
3. The puppies are raised in my home, under close eye and with lots of socialization, love and attention. Puppies are started on puppy mash and wood shavings potty training at 3 weeks old and progress from there. I will not ship a puppy if I feel it is not healthy. I guarantee the puppy will be in good health at the time of shipping. If having your puppy shipped, you assume the risk of shipping and it is up to you to purchase insurance to cover that risk.
1. Your puppy is guaranteed to be healthy and free of diseases, unrelated to parasites or shipping, for a period of seven days from the date of possession. This guarantee does not include any pre-existing condition that was disclosed to you prior to your taking possession of the puppy.
2. Hips and elbows are guaranteed for 1 year from whelping date, for genetic hip or elbow degeneration excluding Mild subluxation which is easily manageable.
3. For gurantees to be vaild, you MUST notify me within 24 hours in writing with the original or a verified copy of your licensed veterinarian's official report.
4. If valid notification is given, you have 3 options: 1. Return puppy to me (at your cost) for a replacement puppy of equal value (from the current or future litter) if available. You are responsible for any care, boarding, vet, all shipping or transportation, and other costs. 2. Return the puppy to me (at your cost) for a refund of one-half the purchase price minus the deposit, delivery and return costs, and any other costs incurred by me. 3. Keep the puppy. You are responsible for all care, vet, shipping fees, and other costs.
5. Feeding your puppy an unbalanced diet or food with less than 4 star ratings, elective surgery, unhealthy weight, injury, or spaying/neutering prior to 2 years old voids all guarantees.
6. Warranty does not include viral illnesses, infections, improper bites, hernias, hypoglycemia, parasites, Guardia or Coccidosis, or any illness due to foreign objects, food, chemicals or physical injury, or any condition that was disclosed to you prior to your taking possession of the puppy.
7. There are no other guarantees, including, but not limited to, color, future health, DNA, or what size or weight your puppy will mature at.
FEEDING YOUR PUPPY
1. Feeding Your Puppy. Your puppy should be fed a high quality (Grain Free) Large Breed Puppy Food FREE CHOICE or 4 TIMES a day as much as they want to eat. Six months to 2 years old - 3 times a day. Once they stop growing 2x a day. Mastadors can continue to grow for several years. Slow and steady growth is ideal. We recommend feeding a high quality, grain free, LARGE BREED DOG puppy food. Look for a 4 or 5 star rated food. Check on your brand with DogFoodAdvisor.com. Here is a link to the foods with the best ratings: Best Rated Dog Foods. Diamond Naturals and Fromm both have 4 star ratings and can be found at reasonable prices. Grain Free is better for dogs- 4Health, Taste of the Wild High Prairie Puppy Formula (4.5 stars) and. (BARF) Raw and home cooked diets would even be better. As an adult expect that your Mastador will eat 2 cups 2x a day (which adds up to 40-60 pounds of food a month if feeding dry food). That will vary depending on what food you are feeding, and the weight and activity level of your dog.
2. We are feeding Iams Large Breed Puppy Food because it is a good quality that is readily found throughout the United States. We also recommend feeding your puppy a 4 or 5 Star Grain Free Food.We do recommend feeding puppy mash for awhile (2x a day) to help with your puppy's transition to a new home. Mix the Iams with the new food in 3/4 to 1/4 ratio, then over the course of a week or 2 gradually increase the percentage of the new food.